Thursday, October 23, 2008

I'll Die for These

A short list of some of my favourite things to eat, in descending order.


Bhakarwadi
Fried, but delicious! The first time I tasted B
hakarwadi was in Mumbai, and I've been hooked ever since. Sadly, Hyderabad isn't really a place where you can find freshly-made Bhakarwadi, so I make due with the "mini Bhakarwadi" marketed by that fabulous company, Haldirams. It's not as good as the original version, but it still tastes great. 




Pav Bhaji
The King of Chat (Pani Puri is the queen). Who doesn't enjoy a serving of pav bhaji, complete with a garnishing of onions and lemon juice? This snack (correction - meal) is so popular that you can find it anywhere. Plus, the magic of innovation has created new varieties of the iconic dish: you can now choose pav bhaji with masala pav, or a low-fat version or, if you are really health-conscious, raw banana pav bhaji!





Khandvi
This wonderful snack from the great state of Gujarat is a must-have for any bakery. I have no idea how they give it that texture but I love the way it rolls around in your mouth. For someone like me, the best way to have Khandvi is with a generous helping of green chillies: yes, you read it right! A little green chili rolled into a bit of Khandi and eaten in one bite: now that will set your taste buds on fire!



Rajma-Chawal
Yep, I, still mamma's boy! :-) The one thing I look forward to at home is a plate of rajma and rice. That's the best way to satisfy a starved stomach.

No comments: