Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Very Long Walk

As expected, the Roorkee Campus, spanning over 340 acres, is rather difficult to traverse through. From my hostel - Radhakrishnan Bhawan - to the Department of Civil Engineering, it takes a good 15 minutes to walk at a brisk space, and even longer if you walk at leisure.

And that's only if you go through the Main Building. From the Library Road it could take about 20 minutes even at a brisk pace!

Fortunately (or not) all our lectures are in the same class and, with the exception of Wednesdays when I have a lecture in the Chemistry Deptt., the other labs and tut rooms are nearby too. The flip side is that you never feel like going back to your room to relax because of the distance. Yesterday, I had to go back to my room from the UG Club to get my ID Card and then go back: it took a good half hour!

Overall, I'm getting used to the new place (it's only been five days!) but it's proving difficult to make new friends. And I miss Saharanpur so, so much...

PS: Did I mention that the Computer Lab here is superb? No? Well, it is!

No comments: