Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ahead: Vizag and Roorkee

I'm off in a few hours to that other great city of Andhra Pradesh, Vishakhapatnam, for my newly-wedded cousin's reception. I've gotten used to travelling over the last year and a half, but it's still exciting.

A whole boggie is reserved for the family for a journey that will take a little over 12 hours as we cross the length of the troubled state. I've never been to Vizag before, which makes me even more excited.

We've got a pretty packed schedule: arrive, rest, Lunch, Reception, visit my mother's school and then rush back to Hyderabad. Why? Because I have to get back to Roorkee in the 29th. You see, IITR loves its students so much that it insists that they spend New Years Day in the campus. Heck, they'd make it a working day if it wasn't a Saturday!

So, I register on Thursday and waste Friday, Saturday and Sunday on Facebook and watching movies because for some reason, IITR has to close the registration process for next year's semester before the end of the year!

Well, as you might have guessed, all this makes me an extremely busy man for the next few days, and this could be my last blogpost before I return to R-land. By then, I hope I can get my grades for my "department core" subjects, although the current trend suggests that I will be able to retain my 9 CGPA! Now, that was unexpected!

No comments: