Thursday, June 23, 2011

What's next?


Having traveled across the country in my first score, I decided to shortlist a few places that I would love to visit in the next few scores:
  • New York City on New Year's Eve. Just to feel the excitement at Times Square.
  • Pennsylvania, to see the city where American democracy was really born.
  • Rio de Jinero to see - you guessed it - Christ the Redeemer. The statue put up a pretty helping performance when Pratibha Patil came to visit!
  • The Falkland Islands - just to see why Britain would wage war to keep such a remote possession.
  • Durban, to see the place where many Indians came and made South Africa their home at least for some period of time. Not least of them, Mahatma Gandhi.
  • Ethiopia, to have a look at the site where Lucy was discovered, literally going back to my roots.
  • Germany, that mecca of engineering!
  • Auschwitz, to remind myself of the importance of tolerance and peace, which we have come to take for granted today.
  • Israel, one of India's greatest allies and a country that has built itself up well despite everything being against it.
  • Karachi, the other great port of the East during the British Raj. Just to have a look at what Pakistanis declare to be their answer to Bombay.
  • Mumbai: my true home, where my heart it. I want to relive those days and remind myself of the great city that I once lived in.
  • Shillong. As such I would like to visit the entire Northeast, but I should start with what was the original Assam State's capital.
  • Shanghai, to convince myself that Mumbai can never be that good.
  • The Korean Border, just to stand on the South side and thank God that I was born in a democracy.
  • The Tasman Sea, which tells of tales of dangerous winds and sudden storms. With that, i'd also like to see Tasmania, where the Dodo was supposed to have become extinct.

No comments: