Thursday, June 5, 2014

Another Journey?

Star Wars Fate of the Jedi: Vortex
By Troy Denning

I'm a fan of the Star Wars movies, although I'm a little skeptical about Episode VII. I love the franchise and all the ritualism that comes with it - right from the heavy-breathing to respecting The Force. But when I found a whole case full of Star Wars novels, I was a little unsure about reading any of them. Would I realize that the movies have been substandard or worse, a lie? What would I do then? But, with The Force guiding me, I decided to give it a try and I was not disappointed.

Star Wars is much more that the movies of course - the novels are another world. There is simply no comparison between the two. Vortex, written in the era of the Galactic Alliance, when the Sith have been relegated to the rim of the galaxy and a once-united world tries to cobble up a semblance of an alliance, the Jedi Knights must unite with their adversaries to defeat an enemy much greater than them all - Abeloth.

The novel can be a little confusing, especially to those who have never read or seen anything related to Star Wars before, but it is certainly a great read for followers of The Force.

No comments: