Saturday, June 27, 2015

Dealing with Failure

This last month has been quite difficult in terms of research, with two papers having been rejected by two journals in as many weeks. Failure is difficult to handle, but time heals. Unfortunately, or maybe not, time is not on my side. I have had to drop out of a Statistics course because of the work pressure - from a program that is going nowhere to a paper that I need to write urgently but which is proving to be excruciatingly difficult to. Add to the the frustration of having to meet a thesis deadline and... it's still not over. For, I have a symposium to attend and consequently, a presentation and a poster to prepare for that.

The times are dark, the journey long
The end is far beyond sight,
And yet I must move along,
And yet I must move along.
For in motion lies energy, in energy spirit.
Without spirit, there is no hope.
Without hope, what is life?

No comments: