Saturday, December 31, 2016

Note: The Future of OTFS

I know that typically, the New Year's Resolutions are the last post of the year, but I had to address the drastic fall in posts on this blog this year. October had a measly 4 posts - just one a week, and about half the year has seen less than 10 a month. That is not acceptable. However, it is also a fact that it has been a busy year, and I now have very serious responsibilities of the kind I did not have 10 years ago when I started OTFS.

However, my experience has been that the blog helps me focus. I've recently learned a little about cognitive sciences and how spacing big tasks in between little ones can help. And of course, as always, writing is the ultimate stress-buster. And so I intend to continue writing, at whatever pace possible. This year had no series, and I am aware that I left the Doc on PVNR unfinished. I just don't have the time, and I doubt I'll have it next year. Changes will have to be made, the blog will have to be reinvented to meet the needs of the time.

And reinvented it shall be. The first 10 years have been great and memorable. Why should the next 10 be any less?

No comments: